Thursday, September 29, 2005

my first blog

posted by newoldschoolteacher @ 2:18 PM 3 comments
Monday, September 26, 2005

My first blog
Hi everyone. I'm a little nervous, being out here in cyberspace. But since this is primarily for my own benefit, I guess I won't worry too much.

Just for background on me:

I'm a girl.
I graduated from college in 2003.
I attend graduate school in education.
I'm going to be a social studies teacher.
I am excited to be a social studies teacher.
I think most schools suck a lot.
I don't want my school to suck a lot.

So there you pretty much have it. This blog will pontificate wisely (or not) on my experiences in my graduate education program and the state of American education in general. Sit back and relax, enjoy the show. As someone who knows little to nothing of what I'm talking about, I'm sure it will be very interesting.

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2005 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God for you! I am a sixty year old teacher of history and English; I've been teaching non-stop except for maternity leave since 1967. My experience has been lucky but varied, not really any bad school (certainly none of the nightmare variety. I teach in an independent school in the Nashville area; we are just about as traditional as can be. I lecture, students take notes, we practice DBQ's. Students do some projects but they require traditional research though not necessarily traditional presentation. Keep the faith. There are schools out there who will fight to have you on staff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home