Thursday, September 29, 2005

I plugged it back in after it died

Hello,

So some of you may be wondering why I skittishly removed my blog from the annals of cyberspace, and am now putting it back on. Ok, here we go:

Reasons I didn't want to have my bizness on the web:

1. I don't want to hurt the people I work and go to school with. They are good people, all, and they have been very nice to me. All this stuff is not supposed to be personal. It's not about what I said about you or what you think about me--it's about how to make schools work so everyone has a chance. It sounds so sappy but I think it's where you have to start from in this business.

2. A few months ago, I got seriously *burned* by a critical evaluation I wrote of an organization I had worked for. It was supposed to be read only by an independent third party, but for reasons that are still unfathomable to me, it got sent to my boss. Not only did she refuse to give me a recommendation for another job (I did a VERY good job for them), but in fact she will not speak to me. Needless to say, that wasn't a very pleasant experience.

Reasons to Plug Back in:

I think this topic is really important, and it's one that people "talk" about all the time but that no one really talks about. So I think we should talk about it. And if it's critical of existing institutions and structures, so be it. I guess you have to draw the line somewhere, or nothing ever changes. Other reasons for re-posting are that people wrote such nice responses, and that I want to be famous.

Just kidding about that last one. But I am really, really happy and surprised that people really read my stuff and liked it. It's definitely a good feeling.

So what I'm going to do is try to make the entries impersonal in terms of describing people and specific places. If it makes the writing vague, I apologize. I have to sleep at night.

2 Comments:

At September 29, 2005 8:30 PM, Blogger EdWonk said...

Welcome To The EduSphere! Isn't Anonymity is wonderful? Found you via Eduwonk.com and I'm looking forward to dropping by often to see your unique perspectives.

 
At November 02, 2005 7:27 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Love what I've read so far, it's a great blog. I tried to be a special ed teacher but bailed because it was just general ed classes padded with additional stupidity. I just couldn't stand it. You're tougher than I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home