Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Nothing pithy to say

Ummmmmm. My contacts are dried out and I am tired. My friends are at a party, and yet it is Wednesday night. I have just finished my lesson for tomorrow and am relieved. I ate too many potato chips before dinner and now I feel kind of sick. The Diet Coke and York peppermint patty after dinner did not help matters I think. I went to a charter school job fair on Saturday and am afraid that no one will hire me because I don't have enough experience. Some days I wish I had done TFA, but that has its own set of problems. But oh, how everyone loves people from TFA. I am the lonely outsider from a bs graduate school. Well, what can you do. Today I went to the girls' basketball game. This is a small charter middle school, and yet the basketball team is awesome. They haven't lost a game in 3 years. It's entirely because of 3 girls on the team who are amazing. They didn't play in the first half, and by halftime the team was losing 20-10. Midway through the 3rd quarter it was like 22-37. Amazing, these girls. Anyway, I have to go to sleep. Let's all hope for a good tomorrow. That would include my grad school classes being cancelled. Pray for me.

3 Comments:

At March 09, 2006 9:14 PM, Blogger PrajK said...

Good luck at the job fairs! Hope you get a school that you like.

 
At April 27, 2006 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is ironic how everyone loves TFA people, (or for that matter NYC Teaching Fellows like myself) b/c all we really learn is how to make pretty bulletin boards and do projects for the students so we can show them off to the state reps. you know, the really important stuff. Our kids don't learn anymore than yours, but what's impressive is how much they seem to be learning.

 
At June 18, 2022 2:00 AM, Anonymous Walter said...

Hi nice readiing your post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home