Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A happy ending to a sad tale of woe

Dear readers, or, depending on the patience of readers, dear no one,

I haven't written in a long time because my Prince Charming came along and saved me. Prince Charming is my dream job. I was hired at a KIPP school teaching 5th grade and I feel like I've died and gone to heaven. Everyone there is so hard-working, smart, dedicated, supportive, and overall wonderful times 1000. I don't know how I suddenly became so lucky. Don't get me wrong, it's not easy. Summer school only runs 8-2 but I've been getting up at 5 and going to bed at 11 for 2 weeks now. One day I got up at 3:30 am to finish my lesson! But I'm so happy and I love my little kids and I love the school because it's safe and we care about them and we have chanting and learning and fun things to do. I know this is rambling and silly, but my writing is only really sharp when I'm angry or upset and right now I'm neither of those things!!!

So it's been a ridiculous year at graduate school, but I feel like now that's just a memory of absurdity that I can leave behind for now as I learn the right way to do things. I'm sure I'll go back someday to teacher training to fix some of the things I saw. Thank you to everyone who read this blog and sympathized with my plight. It truly helped me get through the year with sanity and a little dignity. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home